2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo at Palm Springs Hyundai
Introduced at the North American Auto Show, the 201 Horsepower 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo turned heads everywhere with its aggressive ground effects appearance and sport-tuned engine showing off its part of the tag team turbo duo from Hyundai with the new Genesis Coupe 2.0T Turbo also making its debut at the auto show in November of 2012.
“The Turbo further broadens Veloster’s hero role in the Hyundai line-up to attract our next generation of buyers,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president, product and corporate planning, Hyundai MotorAmerica. “It’s powerful, high-tech and fuel-efficient, attributes which we think make Veloster Turbo the ultimate innovation in the sport coupe segment.”
The 2013 Veloster Turbo strikes fear in the hearts of the competition with a better power to weight ratio than the Volkswagen GTI, Mini Cooper Clubman S, and the Honda Civic Si as well as its uniquely engineered sport tuned steering and suspension to match its turbo power.
2013 Veloster Turbo (Exclusive Turbo features)
- Powered by a new 1.6-liter Turbocharged-Gasoline Direct Injection (T-GDI) engine and in-house six-speed automatic or manual transmission
- Horsepower: 201 at 6000 RPM
- Highway fuel economy estimated at 35 mpg (M/T)
- Best-in-class specific output at 125.6 horsepower per liter
- Best-in-class weight to power ratio of 14 lbs/hp
- Sport-tuned engine intake and exhaust note
- Sport-tuned steering
- Unique front fascia, foglights and ground effects
- Hyundai-first Matte Gray paint
- Unique 18-inch alloy wheels with chrome inserts
- Projection headlights with unique LED headlight accents
- Side mirrors with turn signal indicators
- Unique LED taillights
- Supervision cluster
- Leather seating surfaces with driver’s lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Turbo exclusive Graphite Black interior with Blue accents and headliner graphics
The 2013 Hyundai Veloster is one of the most exciting new additions to the Hyundai model lineup in a number of years and shows Hyundai’s commitment to a much younger demographic than traditional automakers tend to go after. Come see what all the buzz is about and drive the Veloster Turbo today at Palm Springs Hyundai.